- get up go to studio
- cars very often covered to protect from so much dust I guess. But it seems to me they are also as a women hidden to protect its 'ornaments' (or how they say it in koran). Car is a status simbol and private proprety of the man - similar as a woman ...
- get the bus for Tunis village
- continue doing and undoing the plastic bag - getting sentimental - i don't want to finish it
- passing trough Al Haram suburb of Cairo on the way - neighbourhood growing up up in concrete blocks
- 1h drive to Tunis that is a beautiful place next to the lake and palmeries
- have a shay in the shade and go visit the village with Michele.
- In pottery workshop I take a small turquoase pot from the waste and try the pottery wheel. It needs lots of strenth and coordination to keep the weel moving with a leg and press the clay with both hands. We are offered shay too. My mother buys 2 very nice pots. On the way back we pass by a stable. Lots of nice horses, other animals and people. We arange to go riding in the afternoon. I havent ever monted a horse in my life.
- Lunch so good, small boy filled with mosquito byts - i thinking that we havent brought any mosquito repelents - we decide to stay for a night and take a room. Go rest for a while. My mother awake on the ant path. We change the room.
- After rest go to the village again, visit more pottery workshops, pottery school... Drawings on the hoses - about going to meka with a plane.
- On the way back I go for a horse ride. We go to the lake trough the water. In the begininng Emma doesnt listen to me but soon we go galoping and I lern how to make her go left right, slow down, stop, etc. On the way we meet Hassans father, brother. We make a break on the beach and he starts to draw hearts on the sand. I ask him if he has a girlfriend
- small dinner in the guest house, make the net and go sleep early. In the night I suffer mosquito invasion and my mother doesnt even note them
Questions for the day:
- What unexpected happened today?
- What was the strongest experience of the day?
- Image, drawing, story...
Cairo Integration Diary