- since I arrived from Greece I changed a bit the relation towards Cairo. I cant wear the long skirts and throusers any more - its too hot. So I go out in summer dresses. The problem is that it attracts too much attention on the street.
- lunch at French Institute and coffee in the park / do crochet
- send a mail to Hana and Yordanka to put them in contact about the Iraki refugee child stipend
- sent an email to Aalam cairian friend of Dubravka to get more info about Garbage City. He directed me to his friend Ermin artist who is living in Cairo
- look information about zabbaleen - they are mostly christian coptics imigrated to cairo 50 years ago - dedicated to collect garbage - muslims consider this kind of work dirty and under honour. They recycle 75% of quantity they collect - there is a Recycle Factory in the Garbage City neighborhood where they are living and bringing garbage. There is a biggest Christian Church there Cave Church - good excuse if want to visit the neigbourhood.
- 16h caligraphy lesson
- in the evening I go to greek club - there is gathering because Maya is leaving tomorrow - next to me sits the girl whose name is Nermine - she tells me that my bag looks like zabbaleen - in the course of the conversation we find out that she was the one I woas directed to by Aalam.
- finish terrae collage - upload
< - OUT (daily expences)
|alimentation||greek salad + wine + enterance fee||Greek Club||1||50EP|
|alimentation||plat du jour + lemon juice||French Institute||1||45EP|
|fee||enterance to the park||MUNIRA Park||1||1EP|
|alimentation||pipas||boy selling in the park||1||1EP|
|+ TOTAL IN:||+ 1.860EP|
|- previous expences||-|
|- day expences||-|
|- TOTAL OUT:||-|
+ ACTUAL BALANCE:
Questions for the day:
- What unexpected happened today?
- What was the strongest experience of the day?
- Image, drawing, story...
Cairo Integration Diary